Stratus Magento 1 Guides - Recommended Cookie Settings
In Magento 1 under **System->Configuration->Web **then Session Cookie Management you will see a form like this:
In general, we recommend the following settings –
- Lifetime at least 86400 (1 day)
- Path /
- Cookie domain exactly matches your domain or is .example.com if you are using www in your domain name
- HTTP Only Yes
- Cookie Restriction Mode No
Cookie domain issues
The cookie domain can cause problems such as
- Failed customer logins
- Broken carts (products won’t add)
- Cart empties on page load
- Cart empties at checkout
- Cannot log into the Magento backend/admin
Because of this, you may need to try various cookie domain settings depending on your exact site URL. For example, a sub-domain typically requires the cookie domain to match the sub-domain i.e. mysite.example.com exactly
Cookie Restriction Mode
If this is set to yes, users visiting with cookies disabled will be redirected to the /enable-cookies page your Magento install.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Have any more feedback? Please share it here.
Sorry to hear that. Have any more feedback? Please share it here.