How to Complete the Onboarding Questionnaire
A new application needs to be integrated to the Webscale network in order to be added properly. This integration is customized to each application for the best performance. To ensure the integration is done accurately, Webscale’s onboarding team must gather some information about the application. To ensure communication flows properly, some information about your organization is also needed. Webscale’s onboarding team will send you a spreadsheet to gather this information.
Contact and company info
To ensure that Webscale’s team can communicate with your organization, Webscale requires some contact information.
Note:Some or all of the following may be required, depending upon your organization.
Webscale asks for a primary contact, a technical contact, and an after hours or escalation contact. These contacts do not necessarily need to be different parties. Please supply the following information for each of these contacts:
- Email address
- Main contact number
- Cell phone number
- Business or availability hours
- Time zone
You may also want the following user accounts created for the above contacts on Webscale’s system so they can more easily contact us. Please provide the email addresses for any users you want these accounts created for.
- Slack user account
- Support portal account
Once you have admin access to the Webscale Control Panel, you can also invite users to the portal.
Third party and system integration information
Oftentimes, applications integrate with third party systems to add functionality required by your organization. If your application has these integrations, Webscale may require the following contact information for them:
- Company name
- Primary contact
- Is this developer familiar with the application’s code base?
Webscale will also need to be able to contact your organization’s billing or accounting department. Please provide the following information for this contact:
- Phone number
- Email address
Webscale requires the following information for legal and taxation purposes.
- Complete legal name of your company/organization.
- Address, including City, State, and ZIP code.
- Corporate website address.
- Main corporate phone number.
Current hosting environment
Webscale’s onboarding team will need information about the application’s current hosting environment so the team can integrate the application to the Webscale network.
Note:Some or all of the following may be required, depending upon your application’s configuration.
Network and architecture descriptions
The following information about the application’s network and architecture will help the onboarding team access the application.
- Current hosting company.
- Is an architecture diagram available?
- Whitelisting/blacklisting: are there any currently whitelisted or blacklisted addresses? If so, please provide those.
- Current database type? (RDS, MySQL, etc.)
- Origin IP address: the current IP address of the application.
Current server SSH access
If your team requires that Webscale copy your files to the Webscale Networks environment, then SSH access will be required. The SSH user can be one created specifically for Webscale, or it can be an existing user account.
- IP Address: the IP address used for SSH connections to the application.
- Username: the SSH username for Webscale to use.
- Password: the SSH user’s password.
- Is the user
rootor does the user have
sudoaccess? We recommend creating a
- Is a public key requested from Webscale?
- If your application is firewalled and Webscale’s IP address needs to be whitelisted, please add
184.108.40.206to the whitelist so we can access it.
Current DNS information
Please share the current DNS provider’s name here.
Complete list of domain names
In addition to the above DNS information, Webscale will also need to know all the current domain names in use by the application, including:
- Main site: is this using the apex domain, i.e. no subdomain or
- Alternate sites
- Development or staging sites
- All others
If you have a staging or development environment for your application, please share that information accordingly.
- What domain or domains are needed for staging?
- If the staging site uses a separate domain from the main site (i.e. is not a subdomain, etc.), do you have an SSL certificate for this domain?
- Are there different
MAGE_RUN_TYPEsettings you’d like to set? (Magento only)
- Are there any SSH keys you’d like to add or remove?
- What is the document root you expect on the staging environment?
- Would you like to keep this document root the same or change it to something else?
To ensure no interruption of the site’s
https settings, please share information about the SSL certificates in use.
- What type of SSL certificates are currently in use? (Wildcard, EV, SAN, etc.)
- Who is the SSL provider?
If your application is built on Magento, Webscale will require some information about the Magento application and it’s environment.
Please share the following Magento-specific details:
- Magento version
- Magento admin
- Magento “from” email address
- Magento search
- Full page cache (entirepise, Lesti, Amasty, etc.)
Webscale also requires information about the application’s email server and environment. For example, Webscale needs to know whether you are using your own hosted email server (
localhost), or a plugin or third party service such as SendGrid or Mailchimp.
- How do you send marketing emails?
- How do you send transaction or order confirmation emails?
- Are emails sent directly from the data server?
- Is the web server in use Apache or Nginx?
- What web server modules are you using?
What PHP version is the application currently using?
If you have a blog or additional site using WordPress, please share the following details:
- WordPress public URL.
- WordPress installation path.
Will you be using Webscale’s CDN provider (CloudFront)?
External system integrations
If your application integrates with external systems, please share information about those as well.
- Who is the payment processor?
- Are there any modules that require a static IP address?
- Any additional applications setup? (examples: New Relic, Elastic Search, SOLR, etc.)
Please let the Webscale team know if you plan on doing load testing of the application.
Code deployment method
If your team uses a version control system to deploy the codebase of the application, please share that information here. For example, if your team uses Git and GitHub, please share the access information for the repository.
Webscale, AWS, and GCP environment
All of the information on these tabs will be completed by Webscale to document the details of the architecture that Webscale will provision.
Now that you’ve provided these details to the Webscale onboarding team, they will start getting your application onboarded and integrated with the Webscale Network.
Have questions not answered here? Please Contact Support to get more help.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Have any more feedback? Please share it here.
Sorry to hear that. Have any more feedback? Please share it here.