How to Manage Web Controls
Web Controls enable site administrators to use pre-defined, pre-tested security or performance rulesets based on their e-commerce application, minimizing the need to discover, define, and maintain the rules themselves. You can create individual rules that match request conditions and execute a set of actions you define in your Webscale Control Panel.
You can also create sequences of these rules that can accomplish much more complex behavior, such as dynamic whitelisting or rate-limiting checkout attempts based on user behavior.
To follow these instructions, log in to your Webscale Control Panel and click the 3 vertical dots on the upper right corner of the box for the application you wish to edit.
On the menu that appears, click Edit.
Manage Web Controls
Click Web Controls on the menu.
Here you manage or create Web Controls. You can also change or lock the execution order of the Web Controls, enable or disable specific Web Controls, refresh the hits counter, and edit or delete Web Controls.
- To create a new Web Control, click the Add A Web Control button. Read more: How to Create Web Controls.
- To set the order of the Web Controls, click the 3 vertical dots next to Web Controls at the top of the Web Controls list, and choose Unlock order from the list. Then, click on the Web Control you wish to move in the list.
- To lock the order of the Web Controls, click the 3 vertical dots next to Web Controls at the top of the Web Controls list, and choose Lock order from the list.
- To enable or disable a Web Control, click the checkbox labeled Enabled next to the Web Control you wish to modify.
- To view details of a Web control, click the arrow
>next to it. You can also click the Expand all checkbox to view the details of all Web Controls.
- To edit or delete a Web Control once you’ve expanded it, click the
Xicon to delete or the pencil box icon to edit the Web Control.
- To refresh the hits counter, click the refresh icon. This action resets the counter to 0, so be careful!
Note:The hits counter keeps track of how many times each Web Control has run in the last 5 minutes.
- How To Shield Your Online Storefront From Cyberthreats With Webscale’s Web Controls
- What are Web Controls, and how do I use them?
- How to Block Countries
- Security How-Tos
Have questions not answered here? Please Contact Support to get more help.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Have any more feedback? Please share it here.
Sorry to hear that. Have any more feedback? Please share it here.